Exemption for N400 fee

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

I'm going to apply my N400 next month.
I have income lower 10K in year 2012.
Will I eligible for having exemption $680 fee?
If I apply N400 with exemption fee does my process will be taken longer time than normal case?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Lynne Rogers Feldman

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You will need a Form I-912 and need to supply all of the required doducments they indicate in those instructions. It should not take much if any longer to process with a fee wiaver if you submit the required fee waiver documents.

    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

    Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

  2. Olesia Gorinshteyn

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . It will take longer only if your I-912 is rejected by USCIS because you would have to refile with the filing fee or additional documents to support a fee waiver.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,069 answers this week

3,428 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,069 answers this week

3,428 attorneys answering