Exclusive use of property

Asked 12 months ago - Ormond Beach, FL

I want exclusive use of my home. I have a pending restraint order that was never served, it was a false charge. My spouse is in jail, going to prison. House is vacant for a long time now and things have been stolen and damaged by him since he has lived there.
I am being told I can't move back to my house that was paid in full by me and spouse is on deed because of fraud, and I will prove it when we divorce. I am the original owner, I am also on the deed ,I paid all the taxes, banks accounts, etc, that were never joint. Can I go back home without going to court to get exclusive use? What happens if I do?

1. Arica Lynn Braaten

Pro

13

Answered . I agree with Ms. Augen. I would like to know who is telling you that your can't move back into the house. Was this a D.V. order? If it was by court order, do not go. If your husband is going to prison (he won't be needing the home), file a motion for exclusive use and possession.

2. Tami Lane Augen

Pro

12

1

Answered . If there is a pending restraining order, I would encourage you to go to an attorney to have it reviewed prior to going to the property. If you are prohibited from going to the address, then do not go! If the house is vacant and the other spouse is in jail, you would most likely need to go to the court to obtain permission for exclusive use and possession of the residence. Best of luck.

3. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

10

Answered . You probably will get exclusive use and possession. But should see an attorney about this immediately.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,
  4. William Charles Rosenfelt

9

Answered . Who is telling you that you cannot move in? You need to have an attorney review all of the facts and paperwork and then advise you. Do not risk making a poor decision. Good luck.