Exchange student in USA doesn't have average C for all classes. Exchange organization revokes visa, High School says he can stay

Asked 10 months ago - Pacific Grove, CA

The exchange organization dictates an average C for all classes at any time in the exchange year. Since the exchange student has an D+ (all other classes are OK!) the organization will revoke his VISA. Hower, the Counselor and Principle of the High School officially declare he is allowed to stay till the end of this high school year. If the students follows all lessons like at high school like he did in the official exchange program, is he allowed to stay in teh US? Has the exchange organization the power/right to revoke the visa despite the visa was granted to the student personally by the US ambassade in the home country (Europe) of the student?

1. Maria J. Marty

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . He can stay enrolled in the school, but his immigration status will not be lawful if the agency sponsoring him (J visa?) revokes their sponsorship. He should talk to an attorney about this.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

3

Answered . The principal of the school has the power to define the student as in good standing for purposes of school enrollment. The principal has no power or authority to determine visa rights.