Exact start time of 4 year Statute of Limitations on HOA monthly dues for home no longer owned in California.

Asked 10 months ago - Santa Clara, CA

2005 - condo docs signed. (Does SOL start when the written condo docs were signed?)
2008 - last payment made. (Does SOL start after first missed payment?)
2011 - home sold in foreclosure title transfer. (Does SOL start once name is removed from title?)

What year did the (SOL) start? (4) years from the written contract in 2005? or (4) years from when the contract was broken 2008? or (4) years from title transfer 2010? Is their a different (SOL) for each monthly charge ie. Sept dues, Nov dues, Dec dues?

I believe the (SOL) is (4) years for written contract in CA. However I don't understand when the (SOL) starts for HOA fees for a Condo. Anyone know what year based on the information provided above?

1. Pardis Patrick Ashouri

2

Answered . Has hoa filed suit to recover hoa fees for unit you no longer own.? Or you are just wondering.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . Sounds like a question or just a puzzle get to the point, did the HOA start the process?