Exact start time of 4 year Statute of Limitations on HOA monthly dues for home no longer owned in California.

Santa Clara, CA |

2005 - condo docs signed. (Does SOL start when the written condo docs were signed?)
2008 - last payment made. (Does SOL start after first missed payment?)
2011 - home sold in foreclosure title transfer. (Does SOL start once name is removed from title?)

What year did the (SOL) start? (4) years from the written contract in 2005? or (4) years from when the contract was broken 2008? or (4) years from title transfer 2010? Is their a different (SOL) for each monthly charge ie. Sept dues, Nov dues, Dec dues?

I believe the (SOL) is (4) years for written contract in CA. However I don't understand when the (SOL) starts for HOA fees for a Condo. Anyone know what year based on the information provided above?

1. Has hoa filed suit to recover hoa fees for unit you no longer own.? Or you are just wondering.

In addition to AVVO's disclaimer, please note that by this answer no attorney client relationship is intended mor entered into and unless there is a signed retainer agreement in place, neither me nor anyone in our office has intended to solicit clients nor reprints them. The answers are general in nature and without weighing specifics of particular query. No answer should be relied on in whole or in part, directly or otherwise to act or not to act in pursue of any of your potential claims in law or equity. You should consult with and obtain advise or representation of an attorney to protect your rights regarding your case or matter.

2. Sounds like a question or just a puzzle get to the point, did the HOA start the process?

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.