Ex working under table job to avoid paying child support???

Child supported and spousal support ordered by courts and div child support handling case. I believe my ex is working under the table jobs while claiming be has no money. Behind 3k + in back support. What legally can I do if he is doing this???

Everett, WA -

Dave Hawkins

Dave Hawkins

Child Support Lawyer - Seattle, WA

You will need to engage what is termed as Discovery and note up a deposition to get all of his financial documents from work to prove your allegations.

Sponsored Listing
Michael A. Aronoff

Michael A. Aronoff

Family Law Attorney - Federal Way, WA

Keep in mind that you have a burden of showing what his income is. Sometimes you can back into a figure based on what his minimum monthly living expenses are.... and how he pays for them.

Also, once arrears get over $5000, DCS has a few very unpleasant surprises in store for him.

Brent Patrick Bohan

Brent Patrick Bohan

Family Law Attorney - Seattle, WA

I just want to add that it can be difficult obtaining the information you require through discovery and consulting an experienced family law attorney may be beneficial for you. Good luck.

Related Advice

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.