Ex working under table job to avoid paying child support???

Asked almost 2 years ago - Everett, WA

Child supported and spousal support ordered by courts and div child support handling case. I believe my ex is working under the table jobs while claiming be has no money. Behind 3k + in back support. What legally can I do if he is doing this???

1. Dave Hawkins

Pro

2

1

Answered . You will need to engage what is termed as Discovery and note up a deposition to get all of his financial documents from work to prove your allegations.

2. Michael A. Aronoff

1

1

Answered . Keep in mind that you have a burden of showing what his income is. Sometimes you can back into a figure based on what his minimum monthly living expenses are.... and how he pays for them.

Also, once arrears get over $5000, DCS has a few very unpleasant surprises in store for him.

3. Brent Patrick Bohan

1

Answered . I just want to add that it can be difficult obtaining the information you require through discovery and consulting an experienced family law attorney may be beneficial for you. Good luck.