Skip to main content

Ex not exercising any visitation, what can I do?

Fairfax, VA |

No formal custody arrangement . I have child 9 of the time and have been completely open to Ex spending time with child . We've been trying to keep visits open and flexible to work for what's best for child . Settled on every other weekend - during the day only . Ex is " sick " 3 out of 4 weekends he's supposed to have child . Is there anything I can do ?

*sorry 99% of the time

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You cannot require someone to exercise visitation. You certainly hope that they will want to be with the children, but you do not want them there if they are not wanted and may not be cared for properly.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship and is intended for general information purposes only. For specific information regarding your case, call my office at 757-533-5400 to schedule a consultation.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer