Ex moved to dif state and didn't pay child support 3 yrs now. No address, or workplace. What to do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Valparaiso, IN

She will be in town for 1 mon to visit our child, what can I do so she will follow court orders she's been evading for 3 yrs now.

1. 3

Answered . You should contact the Title IV-D prosecutor. I am including a link with the contact information for the IV-D Prosecutor. For either free or a $25.00 flat fee the IV-D prosecutor will work to get you the child support owed to you. If you know the county where she lives you should also contact that IV-D prosecutor. This is a partially federal program so every state has a IV-D program. You could also hire a private attorney, but the IV-D prosecutor has greater powers in Indiana than a private attorney. A private attorney will also be more expensive. Sadly, in cases like these you may never be paid. If she has no job or permanent address you could end up paying a private attorney a lot of money for not much child support in return, which is why you should contact the IV-D prosecutor.