Ex is not following supervised visitaion court orders

Asked about 2 years ago - Adelanto, CA

i have supervised visitations with my child, i have schedule visits with my child through a professional supervisor for the last 4 weeks or so , mother has every excuse not to meet with the professional and its the second visition moniter in over 4 weeks.... what do i file in court do i file a exparte that the mother is not compling with orders or do i file a osc contempt. what do i do.HELP

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael Roger Schneider

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Better to file a Request For Orders to modify the order. If you file for contempt, then it may stay the whole visitation process.

  2. Bettina Yanez


    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . I agree that you should file a Request For Order (RFO) this can take 30-45 days or You can file an Ex-parte and seek an order shortening time. You must show imminent harm for an ex-parte to be granted. If the court denies because you do not make a showing of imminent harm, then if the court grants your shortening time, you may get to have a hearing in a shorter period of time. Hire an attorney or go to you local family law court house and seek the assistance of the self help center. Good Luck.

    This does not create an attorney client relationship. Responses are fact specific and the response may differ... more

Related Topics

Child Custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Family court and child custody cases

Family court can be the last resort for child custody disagreements when negotiation, mediation, or collaborative law fail to resolve custody disputes.

Samuel Jackson Siemon

Filing for Divorce, What to Expect

Filing for divorce can be a difficult and emotional decision but once you have decided that it must be done, what should you expect? What are the first steps? How long does it take? How... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,362 answers this week

2,882 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,362 answers this week

2,882 attorneys answering