Ex husband wants to terminate rights to our son

Sebree, KY |

He is currently in jail for child support and theft by unlawful taking. He is believed to be on drugs and has a history of violent outbursts, verbally and physically abusive during our marriage and and has manic depressive symptoms. Does not work or help with anything for our 2 year old and never has. I feel it would be in my child's best interest not to have visitation anymore and he asked to just sign over his rights. How can this be taken care of

Voluntary termination of parental rights without an accompanying adoption is rarely granted. Therefore, it is highly unlikely this can be "taken care of." As confident as you are that he is worthless as a parent, taking away a child's only father may actually not be in the child's best interests.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody