Skip to main content

Ex husband wants to change parenting time for summer months for our 6 year old son, how hard is this if I am not in agreement?

Fargo, ND |

My son goes to his fathers every other weekend and school breaks. Our summer agreement is that our son will go to his dads for 2 weeks, and then here for 1 week. My ex husband now wants him the whole summer, with only a couple weekends here. My ex husband is asking our son to make a choice, I do not feel he is equipped at this age to make a decision, our son is distraught over this big question.
How easy will it be for my ex husband to get the parenting plan changed during summer months?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your son cannot make the choice nor should he be placed in a position as such, bring that up to the court and it will help your case, the only one who may change your current arragnements is if both of you agree or the judge. take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer