Ex husband has not paid a dime of child support since 2007 when divorced. But is self employed and advertises online.

Ann Arbor, MI |

Posts pictures of his house with address on it along with new cars vacations etc. He has criminal warrants out for him along with civil warrants plus one from Attorney General. With all that why wont anyone pick him up or charge him?

1. Makes no sense to me. Go to a good lawyer and get them involved. Good Luck.

2. Got me. Sounds very very strange.

3. Has the fact that he advertises online been brought to the the attention of the Attorney General, the prosecuting attorney, and the FOC? Seems strange. Is he still at the address at which he advertises online? Have you tried to call the number (*69) to see if he answers? If there are warrants outstanding, and the authorities knew where or at which number he could be contacted, I think they'd be out there in a heartbeat.

Neil M. Colman

Mr. Colman is licensed to practice law in Michigan. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Colman strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

4. Unfortunately, this is a case where the squeaky wheel gets noticed. Contact both your local Friend of the Court and the Attorney General's Office. Push them to pursue collection action. Send them photos of the vacations, homes and cars. If there is a hearing - you are not required to attend, but ATTEND. Make yourself heard. Push for them to seize assets if they can't collect payments any other way. Push for him to get some time in jail for failing to follow orders.

Kelly G Lambert III

Mr. Lambert is licensed to practice law in Michigan. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lambert strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

5. As my colleagues have stated, the AG and FOC may not know about this. They generally aren't cruising the web looking for this sort of thing. You should retain counsel and bring it to the court's attention. If he's got warrants out, it shouldn't take long for someone to pick him up once they know where he is.

6. The answer to your question is that the authorities responsible for enforcing warrants don't have the manpower to catch this sort of thing. You should hire an attorney and once she is involved, the authorities will likely step in.