Ex-husband has full custody of 15 yr daughter but now she wants to move in with me. should i rqst to modify the custody agrmnt?

Asked over 1 year ago - Streamwood, IL

i don't get along w/my ex. he's not working for no. of years. only $ he gets is pretending that he's taking care of his retarded brother and get paid from the gov't. my daughter wants to move in w/me but i want to do everything in legal way. he permits my daughter to stay w/me but claims he will file the taxes for her this year. knowing him since he has the full custody of her he will keep claiming her even if she's w/me. that's how a-hole he is. what is the right way for me to do this? i haven't enroll my daughter to the school yet since he does not want to drop her off at my house as of yet- why? coz he's an a-hole!! pls advise.... ty

1. Judy A. Goldstein

8

Answered . You have a complex custody/support matter. You ask the best way to handle your case and the best way is to retain experienced counsel. Take all your papers to one ore more lawyers and hire the one toy like the best

2. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

5

Answered . You did not say if you have joint custody. If he agrees you will need an Agreed Order entered in the court and also terminating child support if there was any. If you want to claim the deduction include that also. It would becbestbto have a lawyer handle this.

3. J. Richard Kulerski

4

Answered . Listen to attorneys Goldstein and Raddatz. There is not much I can add.