Skip to main content

Ex Husband has filed Petition for Modification for Child based on loss of job.

Chamblee, GA |

My ex husband has filed a modification for child support based on he lost his job 2 years ago. He states he has not worked in 2 years. I know he has worked for his father during this time and he is paying him under the table (cash). His parents pay most all of his bills including his child support. How do I prove all this?

Attorney Answers 1


It is hard to answer this without more information. You are entitled to request documents, ie. bank account statements, through the court discovery process. If you can get statements showing the income stream, then you could prove it that way. If he keeps the money in a can in the backyard, then I am not sure whether you will be able to prove it.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics