Skip to main content

Ex girlfriend filed a PFA claim against me. Her claims were false. The judge granted the order against me. Can I appeal?

Nazareth, PA |

Went to the hearing with file of evidence supporting my innocense as well as witnesses. The judge never allowed any of it to be entered. Her only evidence was a story that never happened.
The judge named her and my daughter (10 mos. old) as victims.
When I received the final order in the mail it stated I was not present at the hearing. Which I was with four witnesses and a bulging folder of evidence.
I did not have an attorney because I could not afford one.
Is there a process that will allow me to get this overturned?
Since I am not able to have contact with my daughter for three years and I still obligated to pay child support?

Attorney Answers 2


Contact a family law/PFA attorney for assistance in appealing the PFA ruling. Time is of the essence. As far as the support is concerned, yes you are still obligated to pay child support.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice and it does not create an attorney/client relationship. More importantly, the information contained in this answer should not be relied on. You should consult an attorney who practices in the relevant area of the relevant jurisdiction.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I agree with Mr. Rick. You need to move fast as untimely appeals create huge issues and Pennsylvania is very strict regarding this.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics