Evidence in a needle

Conroe, TX |

I was a passenger in a work truck that was pulled over and the truck was searched the driver had no license. There were new needles and one used one that they tested and it tested for meth, there shouldnt be any evidence because they rinsed it all out to get what little they could. I said the needles were mine but knew nothing about any meth and i said they were mine so the other two passengers wouldnt go to jail. Can i beat this charge since thete shouldnt be any evidence left?

This question is mislabeled. It's not a car accident question. This is a criminal law question. Try re-posting so that you can get specialists in that field to respond.

This response is based on limited information. It is not meant as and does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Retain a local criminal defense attorney. That is your best chance.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.

3. You've listed this under "car accident", however, it sounds like you need to consult with a criminal defense attorney who can review all of the facts and assist you in defending the charges against you. I've changed the practice area to criminal law. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find attorneys in your area to consult with...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

4. They probably do have some left, and they have the test results. Whether you can beat it is difficult to predict. Good lawyer and expert witnesses are going to cost some money.

5. I have changed the practice area to criminal defense for you. Good luck!

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action.

6. If they read what you wrote here, you will probably not beat it. This is almost a confession. Do not post any more details. Get a criminal defense lawyer.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

7. You need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney. you will then be able to sit down with the attorney and discuss your options.