Even tho son is 23 is there anything legally i can do to get him committed in a mental facility

Brooklyn, NY |

hes considered an adult but he is also bi-polar ,he recently got out of prison in September 2012 .according to parole board he is listed as absconded, he is on the road to destruction.hes squatting in a building my daughter and i lived in at one time.i also have an order of protection against him.

If he has absconded from parole, you can report his whereabouts to the police, and they will arrest him and he may be returned to prison (the potential consequences vary). The issue with parole will need to be addressed before any other action is taken. Speak with a local criminal attorney before taking any action. Good luck.

McGrath Law Firm, PLLC www.thebuffalolawyer.com Buffalo, NY Attorney-Client Relationship - The materials provided on this website are intended for informational purposes only. These materials are not intended and should not be interpreted or considered legal advice. The information provided by this site is not an invitation to an attorney-client relationship. A reader of this site should not rely on the information provided here for any purpose. Readers are reminded to always seek legal advice from an attorney duly licensed in an appropriate jurisdiction. Additionally, any communication via e-mail, phone, or other form, are not intended to solicit or create, and does not create, an attorney-client relationship between this firm and any third party. Legal Warranty - This website provides general information and may not reflect all current legal developments. You should not take action based on the information provided by this website. The law is ever changing, and facts and circumstances are critical to assessing a legal claim; therefore, information provided by this site may not be applicable to your particular situation, and should not be perceived as legal advice or opinion.

i did report his where abouts to his parole officer,she wanted me to go to area to see if he was there and find out what times hes been seen. first off i have order of protection , i shouldnt have to go there first to see if hes there or not thats his parole officers job not mine .i did my part telling her.

Peter McGrath

Peter McGrath

I agree. Perhaps, you should request to speak with the PO's supervisor. Stay away from the area.

yes i will most deffinitly. thank you