Even tho son is 23 is there anything legally i can do to get him committed in a mental facility

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

hes considered an adult but he is also bi-polar ,he recently got out of prison in September 2012 .according to parole board he is listed as absconded, he is on the road to destruction.hes squatting in a building my daughter and i lived in at one time.i also have an order of protection against him.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Peter McGrath

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . If he has absconded from parole, you can report his whereabouts to the police, and they will arrest him and he may be returned to prison (the potential consequences vary). The issue with parole will need to be addressed before any other action is taken. Speak with a local criminal attorney before taking any action. Good luck.

    McGrath Law Firm, PLLC www.thebuffalolawyer.com Buffalo, NY Attorney-Client Relationship - The materials... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,950 answers this week

2,652 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,950 answers this week

2,652 attorneys answering