Even if i tested positive during my pregnanice long as im negative during birth i should be ok right?

Tampa, FL |
Filed under: Medical malpractice

During my pregnanice i smoked kuz i was always sick but i stoped smoking three months ago.. i should be ok right? Dcf cant do nothing right?

1. This is not a medical malpractice issue.

DCF is a state agency which can (and will) intervene if there is a reason to believe that the best interest of the child is not being looked after by the parents. If you smoked marijuana and tested positive, there may be a chance that the medical service provider will report it.

There may be good reason for DCF to come asking questions. In the words you used to ask for our assistance you never once mentioned the well being of the child you are carrying. "I should be ok right?" and "I smoked kuz I was always sick" shows little concern or even remorse for exposing your child to illegal substance before birth. Plenty of women suffer from morning sickness without resorting to the methods you used.

DISCLAIMER This answer is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between any user/reader and The Law Offices of Jimmy Allen Davis, P.L.. We encourage and welcome you to contact us about your legal problems and visit our website at www.lawofficesofjimmyallendavis.com or email me at jimmy.davis.esq@gmail.com.

2. Yes DCF can and they should.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

3. Rather than seeking legal advice, you should be seeking medical advice and counselling to make sure that you do what is best for your child.

Mr. Kodsi is licensed to practice law in Florida, Georgia and North Carolina. His response to your question is not meant to constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. Rather, his response to your question is given for the purpose of providing general information about the issues addressed by your question. In many instances, questions such as yours do not include significant and important facts that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Kodsi strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state for a more complete analysis of the issues addressed by your question.

4. Your question should first be directed to Avvo Health doctors, the medical side of Avvo, as your child is the priority here.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

5. I am not sure why your question is listed under medical malpractice. What are you testing positive for? Tobacco use? Perhaps you could clarify your concerns.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.