Ethics question about a attorneys behavior. What ethics violations do you believe he violated?

Selden, NY |

I was in Small Claims court today . Suing a attorney ( loan mod scam ) that took $ 6000 dollars from me . Will explain later . The attorney had a attorney handling his case . While we were walking out of the court room during lunch break . The atty for the other atty TOLD ME IT DIDN'T MATTER HOW THE CASE CAME OUT , HE WOULD JUST A APPEAL IT . This wasn't said to his client , as the client was a atty and certainly knows the laws . It was stated to intimidate me .

1. I don't see any ethics violations.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. I see no ethics violations, either.

Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on Avvo.com. No attorney-client relationship arises out of the information given here.

3. If you are representing yourself, an attorney can speak to you as he would to another attorney. There isn't any violation of the Code of Professional Responsibility the I detect.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

4. None. Nothing that was said was inappropriate, unlawful, unethical, or untrue.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.