ETG testing for DWAI and on probation? Do they have to inform me of what household goods to stay away from?

Asked about 1 year ago - Denver, CO

On Probation for DWAI and subject to random ETG testing. Does probation or testing facility have to inform me of what household goods to stay away from that could cause a false positive? Was told I would be on random UA's but never was told what to stay away from and was on UA's for pretrial and got random ETG's so not sure if I am getting just UA's or ETG's and if ETG's I should not be using goods such as Nyquil, Listerine, hand sanitizer, or things of that nature. I just don't want to get in any trouble. ANSWERS??

1. John Lawrence Buckley

10

Answered . Long list!

http://www.householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bi...

2. James C Forslund

10

Answered . They will if you ask. Stay away from the products you listed.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

9

Answered . These testing regimes have to be able to accommodate and distinguish regular household items and natural sources of alcohol. Talk to the program administrator about this.