Skip to main content

ETA - 9089 LABOR CERTIFICATION & green card process

Alpharetta, GA |

1) I applied for ETA - 9089 on oct 2012 what is the processing time currently (Atlanta,GA 30303)

2) after what step do i have to give my wife & child (under 21 years) for getting the ead or work permit & than green card?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. 1. 4-6 months.
    2. When you become eligible for filing a Form I-485, you can file EAD application.

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

  2. The processing time for ETA9098 is approximately 6 months now. If your priority date for the employment-based application is current, you can file adjustment application concurrently and obtain EADs for your family members.

    Nothing in this post shall be construed as a legal advice. If you need advice regarding your particular situation, please contact my office directly. This information is transferred without an intent to creat an attorney-client relationship.

  3. I agree with my colleagues.
    1. You can get the processing times by visiting
    2. Your wife and child can file for their EAD/AP once you are eligible to file your Application for Adjustment of Status.

    Asheesh K. Sharma Attorney at Law Sharma Law Offices, LLC 47 Perimeter Center East, Suite 260 Atlanta, GA 30346 404-348-2829 This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Do not rely on this advice without speaking to an attorney in detail about your case. This message does not create an attorney-client relationship

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics