Estimate court settlement for small claim against a tow company damages and falsely charging money for time in towing lot

Austin, TX |

my vehicle was towed out of a parking lot then damaged in the process. and also vastly charged for 2 days in lot when it was only 3 hours.

Your cost to repair the vehicle plus the amount of the overcharge for the lot.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

how can i find out the duration of time for travis county?

Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Richard Kurt Arbuckle

I am not sure I understand. If the car was on the lot for 3 hours and they charged for 2 days, then you were over charged for two and a half days. Now if the city is the one charging you, then you have sovereign immunity issues. But otherwise, it should be straight forward.

Cost to repair

I'm still curious as to how much i should settle for on the demand form. it was about 500 dollars. tow companies usually won't go to court and settle someone told me to put 1000 but i don't have a way to extend the amount to get to 1000

Cost to repair.

The information contained in any answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject material. No recipients of answers should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any posting without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue with an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this Web site and/or any answers provided contains information that may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. FAMILYLEGAL, and Attorney Runge, expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this site. Any information sent via the Internet, this website, or e-mail is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis. The transmission of information on this website, in part or in whole, and/or communication with FAMILYLEGAL, and/or Attorney Runge, via e-mail through this site does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between FAMILYLEGAL and any recipients. The formation of an attorney-client relationship requires a consideration of multiple factors including possible conflicts of interest. Please do not convey to us any information you regard as confidential until a formal attorney-client relationship has been established. The Firm does not necessarily endorse, and is not responsible for, any third-party that may be accessed through this Web site. Permission is given for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the purposes of viewing on a personal computer. The contents of this site are protected by copyright and, apart from the permission stated, the reproduction, permanent storage, or retransmission of the contents of this site is prohibited without the prior written consent of FAMILYLEGAL. ATTORNEY ADVERTISING NOTICE FAMILYLEGAL is a national Law Firm. Jeffrey A. Runge is the President & CEO and is licensed to practice law in the states of New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Prior Results do not guarantee a similar outcome. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for Bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. FAMILYLEGAL is a registered trademark of Family Legal Service, P.C., a New Hampshire professional Corporation.

You can get the cost of repair and the amount you were overcharged.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes