Skip to main content

Estate administration problems

New York, NY |

N.Y. SCP. LAW § 2110 : NY Code - Section 2110: Compensation of attorneys

can someone explain to me if this ( see above ) or

any other laws? are in effect to enable an distributee of an estate to Fight
the Public Administrator 's people in not destroying the value of an estate
with their Fee's ?

The reason the PA office is involved is because another heir refuses to cooperate
in any way and is basically refusing to vacate the property ( in NYC ) and owes over 3 years
in back rent ( maintenance ) and is not on the lease ( parents were the shareholders and passed away
without wills )

can other heir's be compensated in anyway when the final accounting is done
after the property is sold ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Hire legal counsel with probate experience. You can certainly challenge if PA actions were reasonable and in the ward's best interests.

NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.


The Public Administrator's attorney is in court all the time and is an expert in all areas of probate and administration practice. Between the PA and the PA's attorney, the fees can be a great burden on the estate. You need a very good lawyer who is a regular in the surrogate's court where the estate is being administered in order to take on the PA or better, get the PA to do the job without running up more fees for a litigation. You absolutely can't do it yourself.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer