Escrow closed on a manufactured home I bought but the RE agent cannot bring me documents and keys until tomorrow? Is that ok?

Asked over 1 year ago - Costa Mesa, CA

I just closed escrow on a mobile home. We all knew it was closing today and that I was moving tomorrow. I just found out that my RE agent is over an hour away without traffic and can't bring me the keys until very late (which is not acceptable) and I can't sign documents until tomorrow morning when I'll be in the process of moving.

Is it ok that I don't sign things the day escrow closes? Does this affect me or is this just an inconvenience? He has been on top of everything until now but this is very upsetting, especially since we've known for over a week escrow was closing today.

1. James Carl Eschen III

Answered . Although I cannot see anyone objecting too much, you should contact the seller and the escrow agent to let them know that you will be in tomorrow. Depending on the terms of the contract, the seller may have a technical right to call off the sale if you do not sign today, but I doubt anyone would.

As far as your agent goes, I can understand why you are upset. If you incur any incidental expenses because your agent could not be there, you should have a right to recover them.