Error in my naturalization certificate

Asked over 1 year ago - Cumming, GA

when i passed the interview in USCIS the immigration officer told me that they need to follow thru birth certificate so they added my middle name to my name , but he put my married name first then my maiden name , my legal name now is NAME , MIDDLE NAME , HUSBANDS LAST NAME , MAIDEN NAME all my legal documents NAME , MAIDEN NAME , HUSBANDS NAME , I just want to use my husband's last name or either my maiden name - then my husbands name , is this considered as an error from The USCIS ? since i am already married when i applied for naturalization , and also that's the name that i used on my green card before , please help

1. Stephen D. Berman

3

1

Answered . At your interview they asked if you wanted to change your name and what name you wanted on your certificate. They gave you whatever name you wanted, so it is not an error. If you want to change your name, you can do so by filing at your local court for a name change.

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . You did not pay attention. Now you will have correction with USCIS and pay for it.