Entering US in Advance Parole

Asked over 1 year ago - Sunnyvale, CA

When somebody arrives in US on AP then i - 94 card says Pending AOS . What can a person do to get back the I - 94 on H1B . Also what happens to dependents who are on H4 if one enters in AP rather then H1B .

1. Stephen D. Berman

4

Best Answer

Answered . If you want an I-94 to say its for H1b, then do not reenter on advance parole. Either way it has no effect on any H4's who are in the U.S.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

3

Answered . An experienced immigration attorney can guide you on review of your H-1B documents.

3. Michael E. Piston

2

Answered . File an application for extension of stay in H-1B status. Upon its approval you will be automatically reinstated into H-1B status.

If you are paroled into the U.S. then, if you have dependents in the U.S. in H-4 status, they are out of status. I assume that they are automatically reinstated into H-4 status if you are reinstated to H-1B status, but the law is not clear, and the most prudent course would be for them to apply for an extension of stay with you.

4. Karen-Lee Pollak

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague