Enforcement/Rules and Regulations

Asked almost 2 years ago - Redmond, WA

Our new CC&R has a section called Enforcement. But our R & Regs do not clarify enforcement and fining. We only have a brief conflict of interest statement which is confusing. So, although the rules do not specfically state how the fines work how does the homeowner fair if the rules need to be enforced at any given time.

1. Peter Jay Visser

2

Answered . There is no way to answer this question without seeing all of the paperwork. Take the By-laws, covenants, and rules of your association to an attorney an follow the attorney's advice.

2. Irving A Sonkin

1

Answered . Mr. Alexander and Mr. Visser are correct. Unless covered in the CCR's or Rules and Regs, there is no enforceable duty to fine. Speak to an attorney to make sure that you are interpreting the documents correctly.

3. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

Answered . I agree with the previous answer and would add if it is unclear the provision may not be enforceable.
    Good Luck