Employment lawyer / Job Discrimination

Asked over 1 year ago - Traverse City, MI

) i was discharged after i notified my employer that i have a high risk pregnancy .. my doctor only put me on restrictions not to Lift no more them 25 pounds or change cat litter ,,when i was hired in they never give me a company hand book.nor a policy regarding FMLA ..She the Boss stead to me that they will not accommodate me nor willl FMLA work .. but i know i can work full time and available full time just with limitation not to lift over 25 pounds .. and not to change cat little i can do laundry window clean vacuuming cooking and other things with the company .. these are some of the things they had other employees do .. she told me she would not deal with my illness /birth for the next 9 months .. what do i do next

Just recived letter on a company handbook that saying Laura zann Good Luck,hand in FMLA To Me ,Remember to Draw unemployment you have to be able and available ..to work ..sign bye the Adminstrator name .. clearly Wrong

1. Mickey David Larson

6

1

Answered . You should definitely contact an attorney immediately. Many attorneys, myself included, offer free consultations and may be willing to handle your claim on a contingent fee basis. For now, don't discuss your situation in any greater detail in public forums like this. TC is a relatively small town, and your posts could be found relatively easily. Feel free to call if you'd like some guidance. Take care.

2. Abed Al-Hamid Ayoub

3

1

Answered . Where did this take place? Also, how long were you employed with the company, and how long ago did this happen? Did you get anything in writing?

3. David B. Carter Jr.

Pro

3

1

Answered . It sounds like you have a good case. Call Mr. Larson.

4. Joel B. Sklar

Pro

3

Answered . I am curious why you are not eligible for FMLA, if that is the case. You may have various civil rights claims. Michigan's Civil Rights statute prohibits an employer from discrimination based on pregnancy. Federal civil rights statutes also offer you protection from discharge. Things that a competent employment/civil rights lawyer will want to know is how long you've been employed, whether you've ever been disciplined-when and what for, the actual reason given by your employer for the termination and the reason you think your employer is likely to give after they've been served with a lawsuit. Consider making a written request to your employer for your employee/slash personnel file which you are entitled to under Michigan's Bullard-Plawecki Act and contact either the Equal Employment Opportunity Comm'n or the Michigan Department of Civil Rights. I handle these types of case with regularity. Please visit my website at joelbsklarlaw.com