Employment Law/EEOC. Do I have cause for a lawsuit?

Roanoke, VA |

I am a nurse at a large local hospital. I am badly allergic to a chemical used to glue electrodes to the scalp during EEG tests. I have an accomodation under the Americans with DIsabilities Act. They are to inform me and allow me to leave the floor before doing this test. Sunday they failed to allow time for me to give report and leave. As a result I had to be treated in the Emergency room. The EEG techs are supposed to know about me and make sure I am off the floor. They failed to do this and almost killed me. They have been warned by me before, but they are on call and want to get done ASAP so they can get home. They do not want to wait until I am safe. They could have killed me! What can I do?

1. You should discuss this with an attorney in private consultation.

The answer provided is for general information purposes and cannot be relied upon. In order to provide legal advice, one must engage with a live attorney; this answer does not create such attorney-client relationship.

2. You should talk with your HR department, then document the conversation, and see what they can do to make sure this doesn't happen again. Also, see about getting a consultation with a local attorney ASAP.

Answers to questions on this forum do not create an attorney-client relationship.