Employment information on N-400

Asked 4 months ago - Brooklyn, NY

Employment information on N-400, on the occupation section there are plenty of options but non is accurate to what I do. Would it be ok to type my occupation? when I do and hover over my answer a yellow tag shows up saying to choose from the list. Thank you.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

Answered . You HAVE to type your occupation. What options are you talking about?

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . It seems you are trying to apply for the N-400 electronically, online. Always a bad idea! As you can see you are having difficulties, that could get your case denied, or at least unnecessarily considerably delay you. File the N-400 the old fashioned way, by mailing it. You'll be much better off for that. Then you can type in the "occupation" that you feel best describes what you do, and you won't have to struggle with an incomplete "drop down" menu.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Don't let some pdf form-filling program limit you. Leave it blank, print the form, hand write the truth.