Employment Gap and I-140. Please advice

Asked 6 months ago - Mechanicsburg, PA

I am working in H1b visa. I changed my job from Company A to Company B. My last day with company A was April 11 2013 and I joined Company B on April 23 2013. there is 11 days of gap in my employment. My employer is interested in filing GC for me. will this 11 ddays employment gap affect I-140. please advice

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Your employer should engage an immigration attorney to deal with these issues. Then, you will be able to talk to that attorney instead of posting on AVVO.

2. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

Pro

Answered . Your attorney has retained an immigration attorney to deal with your situation. Your can either contact him or her or consult one of your choosing. Good luck.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . No, that "gap" you are referring to should have no negative effect. Speak with your employer's immigration lawyer about it and you'll see.