Employment Gap and I-140. Please advice

Mechanicsburg, PA |

I am working in H1b visa. I changed my job from Company A to Company B. My last day with company A was April 11 2013 and I joined Company B on April 23 2013. there is 11 days of gap in my employment. My employer is interested in filing GC for me. will this 11 ddays employment gap affect I-140. please advice

No, that "gap" you are referring to should have no negative effect. Speak with your employer's immigration lawyer about it and you'll see.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Your employer should engage an immigration attorney to deal with these issues. Then, you will be able to talk to that attorney instead of posting on AVVO.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Your attorney has retained an immigration attorney to deal with your situation. Your can either contact him or her or consult one of your choosing. Good luck.

This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not contact me expecting additional free advice. If you contact me privately, I will email you an invoice for a consultation and will advise you only after the invoice is paid. Thank you.

Recommended articles about Employment