Employment-Based Immigration: E1 vs E2

Asked over 4 years ago - Fort Worth, TX

I have a PhD degree.

I currently being employed at the "Employment Second Preference (E2)" category. My job is actually very satisfying at the personal level. But for the ease of Immigration to the United States, is it advisable to seek out "Employment First Preference (E1)" category?

In "CLEAR & SIMPLE" laymen's terms, please lay out the procedures / steps involved in: Employment First Preference (E1) and Employment Second Preference (E2)"

What are the pro's and con's of the two categories?

Is one category better or easier than the other as far as in the eye of United State Immigration's stipulations, rules and regulations?

1. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

Answered . EB1 is not easy to obtain usually. Some are attached to employers while some are not. Please follow the link below to read more about this visa. As for EB2, unless a national interest waiver, you will need an employer. EB2 usually requires a process call labor certification. You can read more about them on employment visas on the link below.

Good Luck
    Shah Peerally
    Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC

The Law Firm Deals in Immigration law & Debt Relief

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer or a fee agreement is signed by the attorney and the client.