Employment Authorization?Is there anything I can do, or present to keep working right now?Until I get my new EAD approved/mailed

Indianapolis, IN |

I'm 27 years old,my family and I have been in the U.S since 1990. We entered the US legally and I have SScard & I-94 B2 which was until Feb1991.But since then I have had some EADs, even when I wasn't even of age to work. My last EAD was given to me Oct 2012 when my step dad (u.s citizen) sponsored me to become a resident. But it was denied. My EAD expired Oct 2013. I applied for DECA back in August 2013. But 3 months later I got a denial letter stating the application filed was an out of date one and I had to send in the updated app.So my attorney did so. But now this just delayed the process.My EAD is now expired and my employer is asking for updated info.I went to get my biometrics last week for DECA and emp auth.But now I don't know what to do about my job bc they need my new I-9 docs

You are clearly in need of a consultation with an immigration attorney. Contrary to what might appear to you, AVVO is not a law office and it is not suitable for tailored legal advice. Terms of Use of this site, BTW, clearly stipulate as much. You can find the document on the bottom of each page on AVVO.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

I have an immigration attorney, but don't believe the many I have already have truly care about their cases.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Sure, blame the lawyer. It is always easier this way. If you do not like the lawyer because he does not care, you say, drop him or her and find the one you can trust. If you cannot do that, represent yourself.

Wish it was that easy. I tried to go to diff lawyers. Kept spending money that I had saved just for that. Have had to explain my case that I have had since 1990 everytime I decide to go seek a new laywer. Also years ago the uscis me they "lost" my case. Have done a lot to try to get legal status and have lost a lot of money in the process of all this. Although I have been here since 1990, when I was 4, I'm unable to work or continue my education at my university, especially now without any financial income. Getting a new "trusting" lawyer is easier said then done, especially without the financial means. But thank you for your comment and time.

If you currently have that attorney direct your question to him who would be best able to answer. But if not your issues seem multiple and please contact someone for advice. Best wishes!

My answers are for general information only, NOT A legal advice because these are not tailored to your specific situation. Contact an Immigration Attorney if you need legal advice.

Take all of these questions to an immigration attorney and pose them during a private consultation.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.