Employment Authorization Document card for 2 years. Is that normal?

San Diego, CA |

I have a I-485 and I-30 pending for 2 years. During these 2 years I had 2 Employment Authorization Document cards good for one year each, and just renewed it for the third time and this one came for a two year period. Does it mean anything?

USCIS's press release informed the stakeholders that the Service will start issuing 2 year cards sometime this year. No clear policy in which cases they would do that and in which not. Clearly, they found your case warranting such extended validity card.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. Yes. It is normal. Just because the EAD is good for two years does not mean you are going to be waiting another two years.

3. USCIS is issuing 2-yer EADs now.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

4. Nothing special. Its just a policy change.

This is not a legal advice or solicitation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Consult an attorney.

5. USCIS just recently changed their process to issue two year EADs. They did this because many applications were taking longer than one year to complete.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.