Employment and Experience Verification Letter for I-140 filing

Boston, MA |

I was working for a consulting company for 2 years and for complete 2 years I was at client site reporting to a Client Manager . My parent company was just paying me salary , benefits and provided tax forms . Question : Will an experience ( role and responsibilities ) verification letter from my Manager ( client ) on client letterhead work for I - 140 filing ? I can still attach my previous W - 2 and salary slips to verify the parent company . Please advise if it will work . Thanks in advance .

I need to roll you over to the Immigration Forum. That is where the answers are.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

You need to provide a detailed employment verification letter if you have to prove that you had the required experience for the position for which the PERM labor cert was filed. The client letter can be submitted as additional evidence but the employment verification letter from your previous employer is a must. If you have an immigration attorney handling your case, please contact them to discuss this further.

Disclaimer: The information provided here is generalized and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with Atty Kalra.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.