Employment

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

I interviewed for my Job as Dentist. The company has recruiters ,who offered me a Job on phone. However, they promised me to send contract( Agreement) after dealing with some negotiation I had. In back and forth Emails, they ensured that I will get contract as soon as ,they hear from upper level.
First they denied if I am offered a job, so i furnished emails.Then they said sorry, that it was misunderstanding between recruiters and kept me hanging. I feel so betrayed. I am willing to plan legal Action. Please guide.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . You likely didn't have an enforcible offer because the emails made it subject to a contract. Consult an employment lawyer.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Contact an employment lawyer and bring along all the texts to determine whether you had an offer and a contract.

3. James K. Lyder

3

Answered . It has to be determined if the e-mails, taken together, contain a written unconditional offer and acceptance of employment that contain all the terms required of an employment contract in NY. "Unconditional" means the agreement was not subject to any further action, negotiation on material points, or any vetting of your background and qualifications. You should seek counsel from an employment attorney regarding this. An employment lawyer such as myself can review your case and, if warranted, send the company and the recruiter a lawyer's letter that would get their attention and perhaps get the company to re-think hiring you.

4. John P Corrigan

2

1

Answered . Unlikely you have any recourse at all as your question admits their was open points of negotiation to be resolved but in fact were not....so the fact that there was no meeting of the minds on one or more material matters will defeat any conclusion to the contrary., especially if had to do with noncompete and/or non solicitation issues post-termination of the contract in question.
    My advice to you is to put your negative emotions aside for the moment and write a very polished and professional letter to the employer that withdrew the offer and inform them that although they are free to change their minds midstream that the way they did so was unprofessional and that you hope that this was just one instance and not their usual may of conducting business. The point will have been made and --who knows-- they may call you back realizing you are the kind of person who is professional to the end and better than they are. Burning bridges may nit be the best use of your time and money seeking retribution in the courts that will reflect negatively when you sit down for the next employer and they find out you are very litigious....could hurt you in ways you do not see at present.