Employer wrote you paystube showing you make more in order to get a loan.

Asked over 1 year ago - Sterling Heights, MI

I got a car loan. The first dealership I went to it was denied because they said the pay stubs weren't legit. However, they were really from my employer. I went to another dealer and got approved. It's been almost a week and haven't heard anything. My employer work is under the table. Could i be in any trouble?

1. John F. Brennan

Answered . Same answer as the last time you asked this question. Your, and your employer's actions are criminal and also have civil liabilities. Cancel the transaction, and if you cannot, call my offices or another attorney immediately.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Yes

If you used falsified documents to obtain credit you may have violated a handful of federal and perhaps even more state laws.

3. Darrel S Jackson

Pro

Answered . As a general rule, falsifying information is a good way to get into trouble. Honesty really is the best policy.