Employer(sponsor) selling business, not sure if new owner will keep me. Is sponsor still required in this stage in the process?

Omaha, NE |

EB3 India. Have had EAD for over 5 years now, priority date is in Sept of 03. I-140 is approved, everything else is done except I-485 is still pending. Maintained same employer throughout this whole process. Now with him selling, I'm also considering to move to another state. What would I need to do? (would like to keep the same priority date) Also, is it still required for me to get another sponsor? I would appreciate any guidance on this matter for a smooth transition. If additional details is required, please let me know. Thanks!

You can port the I-140 to a new employer provided you continue working full-time in the same or similar occupational classification.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mr. Ferrari has given you sound advice. Find an experience immigration attorney in your area.

Recommended articles about Immigration