Employer(sponsor) selling business, not sure if new owner will keep me. Is sponsor still required in this stage in the process?

Asked about 3 years ago - Omaha, NE

EB3 India. Have had EAD for over 5 years now, priority date is in Sept of 03. I-140 is approved, everything else is done except I-485 is still pending. Maintained same employer throughout this whole process. Now with him selling, I'm also considering to move to another state. What would I need to do? (would like to keep the same priority date) Also, is it still required for me to get another sponsor? I would appreciate any guidance on this matter for a smooth transition. If additional details is required, please let me know. Thanks!

1. Cindy Bassett

Answered . Mr. Ferrari has given you sound advice. Find an experience immigration attorney in your area.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You can port the I-140 to a new employer provided you continue working full-time in the same or similar occupational classification.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.