Employer not paying for last 2 month. Please help me out here.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I am on F1 Visa. My employer is a constant firm. I work for them about 8 month on CPT, For their Client ABC. My Employer Did not pay me for last 2 month which is Feb & March 2013.
I am trying to calling him but they did not replay back. What can I do to get My pay.
I have all time-sheet which is approve by Client ABC.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is not an immigration question. I have reposted

  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Consult with an employment lawyer, this is not an immigration question.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Jordan Alexander El-Hag

    Contributor Level 5


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . In NY an employer must pay you the agreed upon wages for all time worked. If your employer is a private sector employer (not government entity). You can contact the NY state department of labor and report your employer; you can access the form here: http://labor.ny.gov/formsdocs/wp/LS223.pdf. Additional information can be found here: http://labor.ny.gov/formsdocs/wp/P715.pdf.

    There are now strong protections for workers in NY with respect to their wages. You do have the choice to bring a private lawsuit against your employer, but the department of labor is probably your best approach here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,160 answers this week

3,064 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,160 answers this week

3,064 attorneys answering