Skip to main content

Employer green card

Atlanta, GA |

If an employer urge for a green card for his employee in US who is currently having H1B visa , in that case how much time would it take to get process .

Attorney Answers 3

  1. It really depends on your job offer, qualification and nationality. For example, if the employer gives you a permanent job offer requiring only a bachelor's degree, it would be EB3 preference, and will take between 5 and 6 years. If your country of birth is India, then the whole process may take 10 years or more or less. On the other hand, if the employer gives a permanent job offer requiring at least a master's degree, it may be EB2 preference, and the whole process can be completed as little as 1 or 2 years. If your country of birth is China or India, then it would take longer. These are only examples and you should consult a competent immigration attorney for your specific case and situation.

    Please mark helpful or the best answer if my response was helpful. It encourages me and other lawyers to answer to your question.

  2. I agree with my colleague

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  3. I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at .

    Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics