Employer green card

If an employer urge for a green card for his employee in US who is currently having H1B visa , in that case how much time would it take to get process .

Atlanta, GA -

Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

Immigration Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

Woojin Won

Woojin Won

Immigration Attorney - Fort Lee, NJ

It really depends on your job offer, qualification and nationality. For example, if the employer gives you a permanent job offer requiring only a bachelor's degree, it would be EB3 preference, and will take between 5 and 6 years. If your country of birth is India, then the whole process may take 10 years or more or less. On the other hand, if the employer gives a permanent job offer requiring at least a master's degree, it may be EB2 preference, and the whole process can be completed as little as 1 or 2 years. If your country of birth is China or India, then it would take longer. These are only examples and you should consult a competent immigration attorney for your specific case and situation.

Please mark helpful or the best answer if my response was helpful. It encourages me and other lawyers to answer to your question.

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

I agree with my colleague