Employer falsified my workman comp papers, there is proof can I sue the company after settling work comp I only got loss wages.

Asked over 1 year ago - Kalispell, MT

I settled with work comp for loss wages, they suggest I go after the company for falsified paper work, and destroying tape of evidence it happen at work. I still don't have my medical bills paid for, and I am still in chronic pain, I have since filed for disability. I have had 3 MRI they still can't find out why I have chronic headaches, stiffness in my neck and pain radiating in my arms and shoulders, and hands. I have been out of work, and work comp never accepted the injury. There was proof and they destroyed it. I also have a copy of my deposition showing proof they falsified all the information. I want them to pay for 14 months, and rest of my life for pain that I suffer.

1. George Ellis Corson IV

Pro

3

Answered . If you settled your WC claim, it is most likely over. Most of the time, the settlement resolves all issues. If you wanted Justice, you probably should have told your story and submitted all your evidence at Trial.

2. Larry Alan Apfelbaum

Answered . Mr. Corson is correct. Why did you settle your claim? If you had the proof, you should have take your case to a hearing to collect everything you were entitled to. I expect settlement = end of case but please go consult a local attorney to be sure.

3. Jonathan Neal Portner

Pro

Answered . Settling a workers compensation claim in Maryland is something you should only do if you are completely pain free and are confident you will need further medical treatment in the future.If you stipulate and dont settle medicals remain open.Of course neither should be done without first consulting an experienced workers compensation attorney.