Skip to main content

Employer changing location to shared workspace for couple of months before finding a permanent location. Impact on h1B and I140

Fairfield, NJ |


My employer plans to move out next month from our current workplace Fairfield NJ to a shared workspace location in Jersey City for couple of months. After that we plan to move to a permanent location in either Jersey City or New York.

What needs to be done for my current H1B visa and I140

Thanking you in anticipation

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You will need to amend the petition due to the new location and change the wages, as required.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  2. The employer needs an immigration lawyer.

    That lawyer will probably advise
    - getting a new LCA, perhaps doing it twice
    - amending the I-129H, perhaps doing it twice
    - reviewing the PERM & I-140 to see if they will remain valid & perhaps re-doing them.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics