Emotionally unstable ex wife keeps trying to contact me. Is there legal any issue with just ignoring ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

2+ year marriage ended in divorce in Jul 2011. No kids or real property involved to settle. I just wanted to get it over with and didnt want her to drag it long. So I did provide her financial compensation outside of court and in return was agreed an uncontested divorce.
Ex has lot of personality disorders, mood swings. After divorce I did try to convey that I do not want to maintain contact or any interaction and her reaction would of be severe resentments and some kind of threats. Its been scary. After 1 year of divorce I started to gradually ignore her and now I have moved state, changed phone # and have stopped responding. But she keeps emailing at times asking to contact her. I do not want respond to her. Can I just ignore them? Is there any legal obligation to respond to it?

Thx

1. 4

Answered . Based on the facts provided you have no obligation to respond to her or have any contact with her.

2. 3

Answered . You do not owe a duty to this woman, and considering her emotional problems, the prudent thing to do is to avoid her and have no contact.

3. 1

Answered . Based on the facts you state, there is no problem with ignoring her and you have no legal obligation to respond.