Emotional trauma and "harassment" on an ex

Boston, MA |

My ex accused me of harassment in the two years after we broke up. Starting from two years ago, she also made false allegations of assault and harassment during the relationship which placed me under constant threat of imprisonment and emotional trauma. I sent her many emails as a result, to try to soften her. I noticed she at some point stopped blocking my emails which caused me to believe I had her consent to contact. To my great surprise and sadness she was actually collecting my emails as "harassment", and told police she didn't know me from the start.

Can I excuse my sending emails as a result of the emotional trauma I suffered as a result of her false allegations.

RE: "Can I excuse my sending emails as a result of the emotional trauma I suffered as a result of her false allegations."

You are not the victim here and there is going to be very little focus on the why as to any actions that you may have done. You need an attorney. You have a bigger problem than you seem to understand and you are going to need skilled and experienced legal help to resolve this matter in a manner that salvages your future. In the meantime, have no contact -- direct or indirect -- with this woman. Don't Google her on your computer. Don't ask mutual friends about her. Nothing. NOTHING AT ALL. Save yourself from yourself if you can. And get a lawyer ASAP.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

I concur with Ms. McCall. Stop bothering this woman. Maybe she will not file charges if you cease all contact. Go speak to a criminal defense attorney who can contact her attorney or the police and maybe the attorney can get an agreement that she won't file charges if you absolutely never contact her again.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at

Recommended articles about Employment