Emotional trauma and "harassment" on an ex

Asked over 1 year ago - Boston, MA

My ex accused me of harassment in the two years after we broke up. Starting from two years ago, she also made false allegations of assault and harassment during the relationship which placed me under constant threat of imprisonment and emotional trauma. I sent her many emails as a result, to try to soften her. I noticed she at some point stopped blocking my emails which caused me to believe I had her consent to contact. To my great surprise and sadness she was actually collecting my emails as "harassment", and told police she didn't know me from the start.

Can I excuse my sending emails as a result of the emotional trauma I suffered as a result of her false allegations.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

2

Answered . RE: "Can I excuse my sending emails as a result of the emotional trauma I suffered as a result of her false allegations."

No.

You are not the victim here and there is going to be very little focus on the why as to any actions that you may have done. You need an attorney. You have a bigger problem than you seem to understand and you are going to need skilled and experienced legal help to resolve this matter in a manner that salvages your future. In the meantime, have no contact -- direct or indirect -- with this woman. Don't Google her on your computer. Don't ask mutual friends about her. Nothing. NOTHING AT ALL. Save yourself from yourself if you can. And get a lawyer ASAP.

2. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

Answered . I concur with Ms. McCall. Stop bothering this woman. Maybe she will not file charges if you cease all contact. Go speak to a criminal defense attorney who can contact her attorney or the police and maybe the attorney can get an agreement that she won't file charges if you absolutely never contact her again.