Emotional injury--harassment, etc..

Boynton Beach, FL |

I have been constantly threatened with eviction for erroneous, false accusations of breaking park rules....Also, selective enforcement...I am 71 years old, and management has been harassing the elderly for many years...

??? Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress ???

There are statutes in Florida which carry enhanced penalties for what I will loosely call "abuse of the elderly." I suggest that you visit a Boynton Beach attorney who is a litigator and who also was board-certified in elder law to assist you (and possibly other senior citizens in your "park" who are suffering similar treatment. Good luck!

If you think my response is the best response, it would help me if you would indicate that. Also, please note that my responses to question(s) are NOT legal advice from me to you because I am NOT your lawyer, you are NOT my client, and we do NOT currently have an attorney-client relationship. Thanks!

I contacted many elder law attys...They are only interested in estate planning or nursing home abuse....This is more of a Civil Liberties case...

Eugene P. Castagliuolo

Eugene P. Castagliuolo

Try your county bar association. They should have an in-house LRS (Lawyer Referral Service). I would also try the local legal aid office. Give the administrators of those organizations a brief description of your problem, and I will be very surprised if they can't connect you with someone who is willing to assist you.

Consult a local elder law attorney to investigate the harassment you're experiencing and protect your rights. Best of luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

I'm sorry to hear about this. You should retain a local elder abuse lawyer in your state to investigate a claim.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury