Skip to main content

Emotional Distress

Carmel, IN |

Hello, can you an sue an employer and or file for workers compensation for emotional distress? I feel I was bullied by my supervisory chain for an extended period of time. I experienced an emotional breakdown which lead me to be diagnosed with severe depression. My company subsequently terminated my employment as a result of comments that the hospital staff say I made. I don't recall making these statements but I had been medicated and suffering from severe anxiety attack.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Contact an employment/worker's compensation attorney promptly. Have him or her review it and make sure you take your medical records with you to the consultation.

    The information provided herein is for informational purposes and should not be construed to establish an attorney client relationship. To establish such a relationship, the prospective client would need to meet with me in person, and have a detailed discussion about all the facts and circumstances surrounding your case.

  2. You need to hire a workers compensation attorney. I am not sure if you have a viable case for emotional distress though.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

  3. You can have a local employment lawyer investigate, but a lawsuit would likely be fruitless

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics