Emotional distress

Carmel, IN |

can you sue an employer for emotional distress?

No

No, However, You may be entitled money from pursuing a workers compensation claim if the emotional distress occurred in the course of your employment or you can pursue a claim for Discrimination against your employer if your employer discriminated against you involving your color race, gender, or sexual orientation .

THANK YOU KEN LITMAN, ESQ. 64 SHORT WAY ROSLYN HEIGHTS, NY 11577 DIRECT # 516 359-6333 KENLITMAN@AOL.COM FAX # 516 908-4194 www.seriousinjury.tv

No. Not unless there was something like sexual harassment.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

Not likely.

In addition to the very fine comments from my colleagues, I would also suggest that you contact an employment law attorney in your local area and discuss precisely what is happening at your company. Sorry to hear of this happening to you. Best of luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.