Emergency Room Negligence by ER doctor? Gave medication which my record shows allergic to and ER Bracelet had red tag "alergies"

Past 2 yrs, ive been diagnosed with chronic / active Hep B, liver disease. and MANY complications from both. Constant ER visits for abdomen pain, gal stones, faint, confused,UTI's, etc etc etc. Last nite 4:am, went to ER here in Rock Hill SC. Was seen twice in October, ct scan showed enlarged spleen, my liver enzymes elevated. Blood in Urine. given antibiotic and told to return asap if didnt improve. Last nite, the Dr. was a young guy, VERY RUDE and demeaning. had nurse give me 2 vicodin. After taking them, my roomate told me it has Tylenol in it. Record shows I cant take that, and bracelet says the same but was given it. Nurse came to discharge, had papers giving me antibiotics and vicodin. I asked dr why giving me something with Tylenol. he SCREAMED at me saying, "WHY DID YOU TAKE IT"?

Rock Hill, SC -

Ryan S Montgomery

Ryan S Montgomery

Personal Injury Lawyer - Greenville, SC

In medical malpractice you need to have damages which it sounds like you may. I'd suggest you contact a medical malpractice firm in you area or in SC.

Some choices ElrodPope, McWhirter Bellinger on Columbia and McGowan Hood. The consultation should be free. Good luck

Marc Edward Stewart

Marc Edward Stewart

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Little Rock, AR

You wouldn't have a claim unless the medication caused you a very serious injury over and above your prior medical problems. No injury = no damages. Nothing a court could do for you.

The worst thing in your case is the poor bedside manner. It generates lots of calls to lawyers. But poor bedside manner doesn't cause injuries to a patient.

Drew Barnett

Drew Barnett

Personal Injury Lawyer - Birmingham, AL

I agree. Your case has a need for a more conversational setting than a forum can provide. Contact a local personal injury/medical malpractice attorney for a free evaluation.

James Bartimus

James Bartimus

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Shawnee Mission, KS

I agree with the other attorneys who have responded. However, you can report the incident to either the State Board of Registration for physicians or to the State Hospital Association. This report may or may not trigger a seperate administrative investigation. Good luck jb