Skip to main content

Emancipation and New Bill

Delran, NJ |

There is a new bill recently passed that clarifies when a judge can emancipate a child. Does this mean that support collected through probation will now be subject to this new bill? If support is not collected through probation, will the NCP still need to go to Court to get a child emancipated (if the CP does not agree)?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. The bill is not law yet and still will require modification motions.

    DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed

  2. The bill has not passed yet . You need to refer to the language in your settlement agreement or Order to know the guidelines for emancipation in your particular case.

    This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney/client relationship nor is there any guarantee that this advice will be completely effective in a court of law. A consultation, including review of court orders and other documents is necessary in order for me to give you proper advice and guidance.

  3. A bill is not law. Contact an attorney to file a motion for emancipation if the facts warrant the relief.

    This office does not represent you. This email does not form any attorney / client relationship. In order to form an attorney client relationship with our office, our office requires both a signed retainer and payment of any initial fee. Further, since we have very limited facts relative to your matter, you should not rely on any of the general advice set forth within our answer. I would strongly recommend that you speak with counsel regarding your issue.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics